Do you feel like your business processes are running in circles? Do you find yourself saying ‘yes’ to priorities that aren’t getting the job done right? You’re not alone. For many businesses, developing and sticking to an effective strategy for prioritizing tasks can be a challenge. The truth is, without clearly defined and tracked goals, it’s easy for the important stuff – the initiatives that could make or break your business success – to fall through the cracks and the level of productivity to suffer. But there’s good news! According to Zorayr Manukyan, by making smart decisions on what tasks should remain top-of-mind, you can put your company back on track toward achieving truly meaningful results. Read this blog post to discover how you can establish productive routines and get your (business) priorities straight!
Zorayr Manukyan On How To Get Your (Business) Priorities Straight
Having your priorities straight is essential to success in business, says Zorayr Manukyan. Getting organized and setting goals can help you stay focused, keep track of tasks and make sure that the most important items are tackled first. To get your (business) priorities straight, here are some steps you can take:
1. Set SMART Goals – Setting measurable, specific, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goals will give you a clear plan of action which will help you stay on track. For example, if your goal is to increase sales by 10%, set targets for each month and come up with actionable tasks that can help you reach your target. Numbers are powerful motivators, so coming up with realistic numbers would be helpful in achieving your objectives.
2. Prioritize Tasks – Making a task list and scheduling time for each item will ensure that you don’t waste time on unnecessary tasks and focus your energy on the items that need to be done first. According to a study by Harvard Business Review, 40% of workers surveyed said they felt like their “to do” list was never ending without any clear priorities. This can lead to feeling overwhelmed and unfocused, so having an organized list of tasks with deadlines will help keep you on track.
3. Break Down Big Goals into Manageable Chunks – Big goals can seem intimidating, but breaking them down into smaller achievable chunks makes it easier to tackle them one at a time and helps you stay motivated. For example, if your goal is to launch a new product in 6 months, you can break it down into milestones such as market research, design, testing, and product launch.
4. Delegate Tasks – As an entrepreneur or business owner, you may want to do everything yourself, but this can be overwhelming and inefficient. It’s important to delegate tasks to other members of the team so that everyone has clear responsibilities and knows their roles. According to a survey by Gallup, teams with high engagement rates are up to 21% more profitable than those with low engagement rates.
5. Take Breaks – Taking regular breaks can help keep you focused on your tasks and allow you to recharge when needed, says Zorayr Manukyan. Studies have shown that taking regular breaks can increase productivity and focus. According to one study published in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, people who took regular breaks were able to maintain their focus for longer periods of time than those who didn’t take any breaks at all.
Zorayr Manukyan’s Concluding Thoughts
By following the steps that Zorayr Manukyan highlights here, you can ensure that your business priorities stay on track and get done quickly and efficiently. Prioritizing tasks and breaking down big goals into smaller chunks will help you stay focused and motivated so you can achieve your objectives in a timely manner. As an entrepreneur or business owner, having your priorities straight is essential to success. Taking the time to organize and plan ahead will go a long way toward ensuring that you reach your goals.